The Magnat 400 series components have had the benefit of the experience gained during the evolution of the 800 series models. Like their more expensive counterparts, all three units have been designed and developed in Germany. Throughout the process, sound quality was given top priority. As in all of Magnat's electronic components, significant emphasis was placed on a solid mechanical configuration coupled with good ergonomic design.
Special attention was focused on two aspects of the CD player MCD 450: The drive mechanism and the digital/analogue converter. A CD transport with Sanyo optics has been used to ensure reliable operation and accurate retrieval of the data stream. The mechanism has a metal cover to shield it from external interference.
The crucial digital data is then converted by the high-quality PCM 1796 24-bit digital to analogue converter from Burr Brown. This device is characterised by a very high dynamic range and vanishingly small levels of distortion. The dual mono analogue filters and the output buffers are equipped with low-noise operational amplifiers and are operated from individual fully regulated supply voltages.
All of the important circuits (i.e. power supply unit, decoder, digital/analogue converter and analogue output stages) are accommodated on a computer optimised circuit board. This ensures a high degree of operational reliability and an excellent signal-to-noise ratio. The unit can be operated either through its carefully arranged front panel or via the full-function remote control. These can also be used to select special features, such as the repeat and free track programming functions. A clear alphanumeric display provides access to all of the relevant information. The MCD 450 is also equipped with a standby function to ensure minimal power consumption when not in use.
- High-quality CD drive with Sanyo pickup
- Burr-Brown 24 Bit digital/analogue converter
- Channel-separated analogue filter stage and output stage with low-noise operational amplifiers
- Digital outputs (optical and coaxial)
- Sophisticated power supply
- Separate standby power supply for low power consumption in standby mode
- Short connecting paths due to accommodation of all important circuits on one circuit board
- Repeat function
- Programming function
- Clear legible alphanumeric display
- Robust housing with milled, 5 mm thick aluminium front panel
- High-grade controls made of solid machined aluminium
- System remote control for all functions
||24 Bit CD Player
||20–20 kHz (+/- 0.5dB)
|Signal to Noise Ratio:
||>108 dB (20–20kHz)
||> 90 dB (1 kHz)
|Compatible Disc Formats:
||CD-Audio, CD-R, CD-RW
||1 x Optical, 1x Coaxial
||3 Conductor, Detachable
|AC Power Requirements:
||230 VAC @ 50 Hz
||Black, Robust housing with milled, 5 mm thick aluminium front panel
||76H x 430W x 287D (mm)
* Specifications subject to change without notice